Executive Director - Lewisville ISD Education Foundation
The Executive Director is the key management leader of the Lewisville ISD Education Foundation and develops, owns, and implements strategic plans that meet impact goals and objectives created in partnership with the Board of Directors & Key Stakeholder Groups. The position reports directly to and provides leadership for an all-volunteer Board of Directors. Competency requirements are fundraising/development, marketing, community outreach, staff oversight/development, and financial oversight.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Knowledge of how public-school systems operate
- Significant experience in one or more of the following areas: fundraising, marketing communications, and public/private nonprofit foundation management
- Supervisory management experience required
- Motivated individual with executive/administrative skills
- Experience working with non-profit Board of Directors
- Thorough knowledge of non-profit organization management
- Demonstrated ability to write effective correspondence, proposals, marketing materials, and solicitations
- Effective oral communication skills to deliver persuasive presentations to
- individuals and groups
- Ability to organize and set priorities, to manage workload and complete projects in a timely manner
- Effective organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Computer literate and familiarity with word processing data base, email and the Internet, Power Point, web page design and publisher software
- Ability to manage budget and personnel
- Ability to read and understand financial statements.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Creates strategies for engaging new partners/donors and new funding sources for
the Foundation; determines prioritization for maximum impact.
- Strengthens existing donor relationships through donor stewardship and develops
communications that continually re-engage our partners.
- Develops successful partnership creation in order to cultivate resources necessary
to support Lewisville ISD Education Foundation’s mission.
- Develops engagement activities which heighten the visibility, presence and
position of the Lewisville ISD Education Foundation as an essential community
resource and a convener of discussions on community-based public education
funding solutions and innovation in education.
- Tracks and manages new and existing donors in our Donor Management system; exhibits data-driven decision making and strategic guidance.
Board & Volunteer Management
- Exhibits a growth mindset to provide guidance, support, and assistance to LEF
Board committees and volunteers with a long-term sustainability for the
Foundation, including succession planning.
- Builds connections between the LEF Board of Directors, LISD Administration,
city influentials, business community, volunteers, etc., to foster community
building through long-term partnerships. Identifies and establishes partnerships
that will reach new and underserved audiences through outreach programs, events
and online activities.
- Positions Lewisville ISD Education Foundation as a catalyst for community
dialogue and change through strategic outreach campaigns.
- Leads the strategic development process, ensuring LEF goals are at the core of all
activity and focus is maintained on accomplishment of the LEF mission.
- Responsible for the fiscal integrity of the Lewisville ISD Education Foundation,
to include submission to the Board of a proposed annual budget and monthly
financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the
- Arranges regularly required nonprofit 990 audits, meets with auditors, and
addresses any deficiencies revealed in the audit in a timely manner.
- Acts as the “voice of the Foundation,” as an articulate and enthusiastic
communicator who conveys passion for our mission both in frequent public
speaking as well as in social media/marketing/PR.
- Directs the implementation of the Foundation’s internal and external public
- Maintains membership and represent the Foundation in appropriate professional
groups, organizations, associations, and community service clubs.
- Directs and supervises the preparation, production, and distribution of all
publications, A/V Power Point presentations, marketing communications
programs including periodic newsletters, direct mail programs, news releases, and
an annual report for the Foundation
- Plans, assigns, and oversees the staff workload, conduct performance appraisals,
address and solve Foundation employee complaints and problems.
- Collaborates to work effectively with others on common tasks; takes actions
which respect the needs and contributions of others; contributes to and accepts the
consensus; negotiates a win-win solution to achieve the objectives of the
Foundation’s strategic vision and mission. Demonstrates the ability to relate to