Outstanding Achievement Awards
TEFN invites applications for the 2023 Outstanding Achievement Awards to showcase the great work of your foundation over the last year. Examples for submission may include how your foundation implemented exceptional and innovative projects, programs and/or best practices that:
- Enhanced student learning
- Met an emergency need for your school district
- Impacted community engagement and response
- Demonstrated exceptional support for district personnel
The Awards Committee will consider:
- Your approach and specific actions to meet district needs
- How students’ and/or educators’ experience was improved as result of the education foundation’s efforts
- How the district and/or community-at-large were positively impacted as a result of the education foundation’s efforts
We look forward to the opportunity to honor our education foundation heroes!
Applications: Submissions should be made through the application below (1,000 word maximum). Supporting visual aids, such as marketing materials or photographs for video are encouraged. The file size should not exceed 5MB.
Deadline: Applications will be accepted February 1st – February 28th. Selected finalists will be announced during the TEFN Annual Conference Luncheon on April 13, 2023.
Finalists: Selected finalists will be asked to give a short presentation showcasing your awards submission during the TEFN Annual Conference Luncheon on April 13, 2023.
Distinguished Finalist: A Distinguished Finalist will be selected by attendees during the TEFN Annual Conference Luncheon.
All finalists will receive a grant from the Texas Pioneer Foundation. Grants will be funded after the TEFN Annual Conference.
TEFN Awards Selection Committee
The Award Selection Committee is composed of representatives selected by the Texas Pioneer Foundation. Members of the committee are nonprofit executive directors, former education foundation directors and consultants nationwide. Members of the Awards Selection Committee are not eligible, during their service to this Committee, to receive an award.
The Committee’s objective is to recognize excellence and innovation in the work of education foundations. Specifically, the Committee is responsible for reviewing nominations and determining the recipients for the TEFN Outstanding Achievement Awards. Specific objectives for this year are:
- Review and determine winners for the TEFN Outstanding Achievement Awards;
- Work with Texas Pioneer Foundation board to ensure a positive awards process;
- Further identify opportunities to streamline and standardize awards procedures.